Denmark-Copenhagen: Electricity, heating, solar and nuclear energy
Periodic indicative notice – utilities
This notice is a periodic indicative notice only
Section I: Contracting entity
National registration number: 34 20 81 15
Postal address: Vindmøllevej 6
NUTS code: DK011 Byen København
Postal code: 2300
Contact person: Dorthe Lærke
Telephone: +45 20277296
Main address: https://www.a-r-c.dk/
Section II: Object
Market Dialogue: Project ClimAid Copenhagen - Delivery and commissioning of a carbon capture unit at ARC premises
ARC wishes to conduct a market dialogue in order to engage in discussions with the market about a possible tender for a contract regarding delivery and commissioning of a carbon capture unit at ARC premises. Meetings will be held in October 2021 (weeks 43 and 45). Please find additional information regarding participation in the market dialogue on Ethics (see link under I.3 "Communication")
I/S Amager Ressourcecenter
ARC is a multi-functional, social and cultural state-of-the-art recycling facility and Europe’s most modern WtE plant releasing more than 615,000 t/a CO2. Becoming the first capital region in the world that achieves net carbon neutrality will be a substantial boost, notably contributing to attracting talent and cleantech companies. ClimAid Copenhagen will feature the worlds most advanced and innovative WtE plant with that requires zero additional energy for the carbon capture operation and has 401.500 tons negative emissions per year. By installing a carbon capture unit with zero-additional energy requirements on Europe’s most
modern WtE CHP plant, ClimAid will supply approximately 550,000t/a CO2 to an emerging sequestration market and help jumpstart a BECC(U)S economy that is still characterised by government interventions. ClimAid has the overall objective to create a CO2-neutral hub of economic activity for
two million people in the Greater Copenhagen area. This overall objective is supported by several sub-objectives:
• Making Copenhagen the world’s first CO2-neutral capital by 2025 through the further reduction of direct CO2 emissions by approximately 550,000t/a.
• Reducing direct emissions by almost 15Mt CO2 compared to business as usual during the operational lifetime of the WtE CHP plant “Amager Bakke”.
• Triggering EUR 1.5 billion expenditures in green technology across different sectors, securing existing assets and building a climate-resilient economy. 75 direct permanent jobs to operate the plant and almost 4,000 FTE years will be generated over a period of 10 years.
• Helping to create the C4 – Copenhagen Carbon Capture Cluster ecosystem in the Greater Copenhagen area that has the capacity to collect, use and store an additional 2.4 Mt of CO2 annually by 2030.
• Contributing towards a circular economy concept that focuses on state-of-the-art recycling, second life of heavy industry assets and emission reduction in the CO2 intensive sectors.
• Opening an economically viable and socially accepted pathway for fully circular industrial carbon utilisation streams that is characterised by sector coupling.
• Reducing the cost of BECC(U)S technology (full value chain) to below 100 EUR/t of CO2 through state-ofthe-art technology, upscaling, zero net additional energy demand and offtaker competition.
• Creating the world’s first carbon capture energy-neutral and CO2 negative plant in the world.
• Becoming the primary source of CO2 for utilisation purposes in the region by 2026.
The above topics and objectives will, together with other important topics for the project, be included in the market dialogue. The timing of the market dialogue, including the scheduled weeks (43 and 45) for the dialogue meetings, is coordinated with the planned follow-up dialogue with the EU Innovation Fund in Q4 2021.
The project (including the procurement and installation of a carbon capture unit at ARC premises) is subject to funding from the EU Innovation Fund, national incentive schemes, and currently evolving regulation.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Please note that ARC will only carry out necessary preparation activities for Project ClimAid and, thus, ARC will not proceed to carry out any tenders of Project ClimAid without funding from the EU.
If you have questions regarding the RFI process and how to participate in the RFI, please contact Implement Consulting Group who is assisting ARC in this market dialogue:
Mobile: +45 41 38 00 15